Get my Ebook

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Dying Warmth Of A Flickering Lamp

Darkness was tormented !

He could do nothing but wait... until She died
for while She lived... his victory was denied.

He hath set out to conquer
And had taken everything that came his way,
But his might swayed when he reached
this little corner where I lay!!

He had taken the forests, the valleys and the skies !

I looked around hard, straining my eyes.
I tried to find some where some trace of light,
But, Yes he had conquered all on this dark dark night....

... and Yet he could not overshadow 
my small corner beneath a shelf,
for a little Lamp above me
was burning the last remaining bit of herself !

She kept flickering... She was dying... She seemed frail and weak
Yet every ray from her pierced Darkness and made him shriek!!

fighting the wind, struggling for breathe, she waited for the sun to come.
and Darkness.. He silently awaited her death, to spread his black Kingdom...


I watched as my Lamp hit him with her frail warmth
and frailer she grew.. as time moved forth !

Darkness laughed at me through his hollow eyes,
" soon your Lamp will starve and die... 
I knew not what hour it was, but It was time now for me to rise!!!

I wouldn't let the Lamp leave before my bright morn came!!
and so, I stood up and held my damp hands around her flickering flame...

I don't remember how long I stood thus..
But I remember that my Lamp did not give up!

...and finally darkness started melting and was torn away from my sight
and My flame, she breathed her last... 
while I looked into the eyes of dawning Sunlight!!!


                                                                             ~Priyanka

No comments:

Post a Comment